February 26, 2021
Morris Health Services tested staff for COVID-19 at West Wind Village and Skyview Senior Living this week. The majority of tests results are back; you will be notified if there are any positive cases. Morris Health Services continues to follow all recommendations from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- West Wind Village –There were NO positive cases of COVID-19 this week. WWV is open to indoor visits. WWV will continue essential caregiver visits. All visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance Monday-Friday (8am-3pm) and visitors will be required to have a negative COVID test. Please contact Katlyn at 320-589-7960 for more information.
- Skyview Senior Living – There were NO positive cases of COVID-19 this week. All visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance Monday-Friday (8am-4pm) and visitors will be required to have a negative COVID test prior to their visit. Visits can we scheduled with Sophie at 320-589-4582.
We continue to receive questions on how and when family and friends will receive their vaccine. Health officials have created a Vaccine Connector tool found at https://vaccineconnector.mn.gov/. This tool helps Minnesotans find out when, where, and how to get a COVID-19 vaccine. After you fill out a simple form, the Vaccine Connector will alert you when you are eligible to receive a vaccine, connect you to resources to schedule a vaccine appointment, and notify you if there are vaccine opportunities in your area.
It is not necessary to sign up if:
- You have already received your COVID-19 vaccine.
- You previously registered for the COVID-19 Vaccine Pilot Program or the COVID-19 Community Vaccination Program. You’re already on the Vaccine Connector list, and there is no need to re-submit your information.
- You completed the Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Education and Child Care survey. You’re already on the Vaccine Connector list, and there is no need to re-submit your information.
- You completed the Health Care Connection Form, you do not need to re-submit your information. The Minnesota Department of Health will work with health systems and local public health agencies to notify you about when and where you can get vaccinated.
We look forward to the day we can throw our doors wide open to the community. Until then, there are multiple ways residents in our setting can interact with one another and with their loved ones. We have resumed socially distanced communal dining and small group activities. We are currently able to offer indoor visits, virtual visits, essential caregiver visits, and compassionate care visits. We do ask that visitors are tested prior to entering our care center. Due to cost, we will no longer be able to test essential caregivers, compassionate caregivers or visitors in the care centers. Please contact Stevens Community Medical Center at 320-589-1313 to arrange for testing. Currently, the Armory in Morris is still testing as well and appointments can be made at their website: https://mncovidtestingappt.as.me/schedule.php. As of March, we will be testing staff and visitors monthly as long as Stevens County remains in the green zone or unless MDH guidance changes.
Please follow our Facebook page (@Morris Health Services & @Skyview Senior Living) or our website (www.mhs.sfhs.org) for all COVID updates and information on what is happening inside our care center. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Paula at 320-589-7900, if you have any questions or concerns.